What is a prepaid card?
For years, new forms of payment cards have appeared in France: the cards are prepaid here have the following characteristics:
They are affiliated to the network Mastercard or Visa.
They allow to pay for purchases in online shops, in France and abroad.
They are offering the possibility of a trip to anywhere in the world from all ATMs accepting Mastercard or Visa.
They are capped: that is, there are withdrawal and payment limits even when the money is available on the card.
How is a prepaid card different from a Bankire card?
A prepaid card is sold without having recourse to a banking establishment and the opening of an account, they are refillable. That is, they work as a blocked forfeit: we can perform operations in the limit of the amount available, but we try to make a transaction sold on the card, the withdrawal or payment operation is refused.
Contra monument to credite papers, all transactions are immediately debited on the card’s balance. Thus, the east impossible to reverse “uncovered” or with a credit with this type of cards. It is therefore an ideal card for a young adult who is learning to manage his budget.
Prepaid cards are all sold online.
In the box of the prepaid card card, the minimum is lays, since you can just use the credit card here is connected to a bank account.
The prepaid cards are available to people here are the subject of a banking ban, here are registered at the Bank of France or are unable to prove their income.
A prepaid card can be offered as a gift.
How does a rechargeable prepaid card work?
To order a prepaid card online, the suffix has to fill out a form and provide credentials, usually an ID. The cards arrive within a few days, if you connect to the internet through the site of the transmitter, you recharge and you can start using it.
It is similar to an ordinary bankire card. Once activated, the prepaid card can be recharged in several ways depending on the issuer: by making a bank transfer on the internet, receiving a payment directly on the card, making payment by bankire card, or by purchasing a credit card. recharge at a kiosk.
What are the applicable fees?
The fees for prepaid cards vary from one offer to another. General, we find:
- The cost of buying the card: they are billed only once at the time of purchase. Some providers do not charge a purchase fee.
- The management fee is the fee charged for the annual management of the card. Some offers offer free management fees.
- Withdrawal Fee: This is a fixed fee which is levied each time you make a withdrawal from a ticket, regardless of the amount of the withdrawal.
- The loading fee: these are the fees charged each time you pay money on the card. They generally represent a percentage of the amount deposited as they are not charged by certain issuers.
- Transaction fees on purchases paid with the card, especially abroad. With some cards, there is no charge if it does not exceed a certain amount.
- The conversion fee if operation is carried out in a currency other than that of the card.